I’m writing to tell you that I just ate half a bag of these Brussels sprouts. Don’t judge me. I feel healthier, actually 😆. I literally loaded up a giant bowl, added some dried cranberries, and went to town. These Brussels sprouts are tender with crunchy roasted leaves, a slight tang from the cider, and a touch of honey drizzled on top. Hello, heaven!!Jump to Recipe
How to make the best in the world Brussels Sprouts
You’ll find this to be one of the EASIEST recipes you have! Here are the steps:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stem off the bottom of the sprout and then cut it in half.
- Throw them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle the veg oil, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, and a little balsamic vinegar (not all). Toss around to coat.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, toss with a spatula, then 15 more minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and toss with the rest of the balsamic vinegar, honey, and a pinch of salt.
Roasting Brussel Sprouts
Have you had the joy of roasting vegetables? Well, if not, then you are in for a divine treat!! I truly think that roasting is the best way to have your veggies!
The trick to roasting is tossing/rotating and getting the edges off the pan so that each side gets a nice slight char from the oil and vinegar. I love them so much 😍. You can use this technique for just about ANY vegetable! Even the same recipe!
(Pin this 👇 recipe to your board!)
Hover the mouse over the top left of any picture and it will link the picture to your favorite board! Easy peasy 😘, (thanks) my lemon-squeezy.
What foods would work best with Brussels sprouts?
I would have to pick from an assortment such as:
- pork chops
- scalloped potatoes
- pork loins
- pork belly!! ummm…chopped up and roasted on the pan together?! yessssss.
- T-Bone or Sirloin steak and mashed potatoes
- white rice
- IN or ON a salad
- Rotisserie Garlic Chicken
- …the possibilities are endless!
Have you ever had a Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad? Oh gosh…I see my next post coming! So much to do with these sprouts as a platform!
Check out Ina’s Recipe on The Food Network. She loves to roast vegetables too! Well, she’s just amazing overall and in all ways!! One of my favorite cooks and cookbook author 😍!!
Tell me how they came out for you! And what did you pair them with?
Love to you all!!
(Cider-Roasted) Brussel SproutsDifficulty: easy
2lbs (32 oz) Brussel Sprouts
1 tbsp vegetable oil
salt and pepper
1/4th cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
honey (sub hot honey)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Get a sheet pan lined with parchment paper (optional for easy cleanup).
- With a cutting board and knife, cut the hard stem off the end of the sprout and cut it in half.
- Put the sprouts on the sheet and douce with oil, cider vinegar, and salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes, then take them out, turn the sprouts all about (with your spatula), and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and douce with a couple of shakes of balsamic and honey.