Spaghetti is the word.
I’m not sure I know a single person out there that doesn’t like spaghetti. This Spaghetti Pie will surely knock the socks off all the guests! It’s easy, it can be prepped, and it’s a crowd-pleaser.
If you have used my Mom’s Spaghetti Recipe, then you know that this is no fail to savory, robust, and full flavors. Add a crusty piece of bread, and don’t skip any cheeses, and you’ll find the best harmony!
Give the kids what they want.
Sometimes they don’t want our froo-froo salad. I’m not sure why. They are so, so good! Have you seen my House Salad? or my Homemade Croutons? They will change anything you’ve ever known about making croutons. I give the trick here to bring a savory, crunch to every salad.
- Boil the water and cook the spaghetti al dente (typically 6-8 minutes) while you’re making the sauce
- put the sauce in a bowl to the side and leave a little for the bottom of your pan 👇
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk 2 eggs and half and half. Add 8 oz Ricotta, a dash of basil, and 1/2 block of shredded mozzarella and stir together with the al dente noodles. Noodles, noodles, noodles!
- Add the spaghetti/cheese sauce on top of the thin layer of sauce
- Then add the rest of the spaghetti sauce to the top
- add more shredded mozzarella, mozzarella pearls to the top, sliced fresh Asiago or fresh parmesan
- bake at 375 for 25 minutes
The result? Heaven.
Grab a glass of Red Wine and throw some bread in the oven. Then, just let the kids run so you can have a moment with this. You should airplane🛩️ your food to yourself 😋 😂. I won’t judge. I’ll be doing it too🤷♀️.
I hope your family loves it as much as mine.
Let me know below 👇🏼 what you think!
Be kind… love hard…cause I love y’all… and I love this spaghetti pie…so there.
The Real Spaghetti PieCourse: dinner, lunchCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: easy
- Brown meat and cook sauce in a cast iron pan as directed in Spaghetti Sauce Recipe (14 minutes).
Preheat oven to 400.
- Boil water and cook noodles. Drain and put back into the pot. Add 13 oz. of the Ricotta Cheese, 8 oz. of the shredded Mozzarella, and half and half together and stir well.
- Take the Sauce out of the cast iron and place it in a bowl. Leave some sauce at the bottom of the pan so that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- In the cast iron pan, add the noodle mix, then the rest of the spaghetti sauce. Top the Spaghetti with the rest of the Mozzarella, ( and any leftover ricotta), and slices of fresh Parm
- Cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the spaghetti is bubbly and the cheese is melted and a little crusty on top.