I’ve been a busy lady. I am now making meals one day a week, mostly recipes from the blog. Here is one of the recipes from the most popular meal last week. It always excites me when there is excitement about my food! So much excitement -everywhere haha 😝.
Soup is by far one of my favorite things to make. It’s just so easy and that “one pot meal” is great in so many ways.
Make the chili oil…
I think this is what stands apart from the rest. Here we will fragrance the spices in oil.
Sauté the jalapeños and garlic. Don’t burn the garlic, just cook until soft.
Assemble all spices. Then, stir around until all spices have become incorporated and very fragrant. They call it, “fragrancing your spices”. It is where the spices become active and are working at their finest.
Add 1 can (or more) of green chilis
Soup making (different from love making— well, a little)
Now, add the chicken broth, chicken, cream cheese, and half & half.
Bring to a boil, cover with the top and let the chicken cook for 30-45 minutes. Does the chicken fall apart trying to grab it out of the pot? It’s ready then 🙂
It really is as good as it looks. You can save this up to 6 days in the refrigerator or 3 months frozen (with a tight seal).
Sorry, I couldn’t decide which picture to use. So I used all of them 🤩🙃😍.
This was an official favorite of the family and friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Hey, the kids said it was “bloggable” and they have high standards. Send complaints their way if not!
NOTE: I put a (left over) white rice in the bottom…it was such a great additive!
You can sub-chicken broth for stock or use bouillon (use instructions for dilution); half& half for heavy cream (I would probably increase the chicken broth/stock by 1/2 a cup to 1 cup); and all can be used with the cheap versions of all products (except the cheese, it always pays off to be better quality)
DON’T FORGET TO RATE (STARS) ON THE RECIPE!
😘 Love you all!
If you liked this, you’ll love THAI BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP.
White Chicken Chili
- 1 knife and cutting board
- 1 large stock pot Cast iron preferable
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 1 Large fresh jalapeno +1 more for topping (optional)
- 1 Large garlic clove
- ½ TBSP garlic powder
- 1 ½ TBSP chili powder
- 1 Pinch red pepper
- 1 Large pinch salt and pepper
- ½ TBSP paprika
- 1 Tsp cumin optional
- 1 Can green chilis or more if preferred
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 Cup half and half
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese
- 2 Fresh chicken breasts
- 1 Cup Monterrey jack cheese shredded (optional)
- Start by heating the pot on medium high heat. Sauté the jalapeño and garlic in the oil for about 2 min until limp.
- Then you will make the magical chili oil. Add garlic powder, chili powder, red pepper, paprika, cumin, and salt and pepper until all combined into a dark oily mush. (This is called fragrancing the spices).
- Once the spices have become fragrant and well combined, add chicken broth, half and half, the block of cream cheese and your chicken. Bring to a boil, then turn to low. Cover and let the chicken cook for 30-45 minutes. (Very important your chicken was not previously frozen-or it may come out chewy)
- Once the chicken is cooked, pull the chicken out onto a plate and shred. Then put back into the pot. Add fixings such as Monterey Jack cheese, jalapeños, cilantro, or sour cream. Enjoy!