Y’all! I am loving this! In less than 30 minutes I had dinner made, and it’s KETO friendly!! Gosh darn, it took all of me not to eat all this when I made it too.
I don’t know about you but when it comes to cheese inside a meal, I can practically sell the kids on it no matter how it comes. Yeah, buddy! But, I’d NEVER tell them it’s healthy. NO, no, no! I am so tempted to tell them that I made dinner with the same company that makes Ramen. See…when they hear Ramen, they are in! Yet, I keep telling them if they keep eating Ramen now while they are young, they may not have anything they are willing to eat in College. The taste of Ramen only lasts a couple of years before you are over it. But, what do I know?
Let’s make spaghetti squash…
Ok, you’ll find this squash in the produce next to the potatoes at the grocery store. One squash runs you about $3-$5 and is packed with nutrients. It’s an easy vegetable to work with. There are so many things to do with it, i.e. spaghetti and meat sauce.
***WATCH MY LATEST TICK-TOK***
First, you will split it in half, throw some salt (and pepper if you please), and RUB some oil on the top. Roast for 25 minutes at 425 degrees on a baking sheet.
While waiting on the squash…
Cook the chicken in an oiled pan and then salt and pepper it. I like to cook it on high at first then turn to low heat so it’s slightly charred on the outside and moist in the middle.
Now get the cheese grated and the spinach coarsely chopped. Now, I LOVED adding a couple of teaspoons of pimentos into this squash. The flavor just went another level!!
Keep fluffing your ingredients together, and voila! Dinner is done, baby!!
Hope you try it and love it. Tell me what you think!! Muah!
P.S. Love eggplant recipes? Try my Baba Ganoush…it’s unforgettable.
KETO Spaghetti Squash and Chicken
- 1 baking sheet
- 1 pan to cook chicken (optional)
- 1 sharp knife
- 1 fork for fluffing
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 4 tsp olive oil 2 for the squash and 2 for the chicken
- 1 fresh chicken breast
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp pimento (jarred) or optional pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. With a sharp (chef's)knife, split the squash into 2 down the center. Spoon out the seeds and webs.
- Rub oil on the inside of the squash, and salt (pepper if desired). Bake for about 20-25 minutes until the inside is soft.
- Meanwhile, while the squash is baking, prepare the Fixins. In a skillet, grill the chicken in 2 tsp of oil, salt, and pepper. Put to the side and chop into bite sizes.Coarsely chop the spinach, and grate the mozzarella, and parmesan.
- When the squash is done, let rest for 5 minutes. Then add spinach, and let it wilt. Add cheeses, pimentos, and chopped chicken. Fluff with a fork to combine. Voila!