Here’s the deal. You make the sauce, you throw the chicken in. It cooks. You’re done. Voila!
In my pictures, I did braise the chicken so I could use the drippings for a yummy sauce, but you don’t have to! Gosh darn, I love slow cookers. They make the world go ’round.
Don’t ignore me, Lisa…
Are you thinking…where have you been for 4 months??!! “Don’t blindsight me with your yummy tacos!” Well, the answer is working COVID. UGH, this was the life of us, literally. I am so grateful that none of us were ever sick, but I have certainly seen enough for a lifetime. As most of you know, I work in the ICU where anything and every problem goes, yet this time, no one had the magical pill. NO magical anything. Sometimes (a lot of the time), there wasn’t anything we could do. I will forever be scarred.
How do I handle this stress?
Easy. First of all, I constantly PRAY. Second, I cry a lot. And lastly, I talk to friends and family. Thank God for good husbands. I also love long commutes, this means I can talk to God just a little longer. Some of us have more to talk about than others, ok? Additionally, I never forget to dream, I always make time for hobbies (the things that bring me joy), and I always make time to be PRESENT with the family (really that’s a constant and a norm too, haha).
That’s my quick spiel. I’ll have to catch you up on other great happenings during the past 4-6 months. Iiiiiit’s been crazy ’round here. My sister-in-law married a fine fellow; I took up water-coloring (what?! yes); our playhouse burned down (to the ground, WHAT!), and then there’s the lavender or lack thereof. So much to say. Maybe during the next posts. Therefore, there will be more postings coming more often, yay!
I did braise these guys with just some salt and pepper and olive oil. I’m a sucker for the drippings.
Added the can of chopped tomatoes.
Dump all yer spices.
Mix it up real good.
Now cook, baby cook! (make sure to dance –you have the time.)
And don’t forget the fixins’.
EASY. WEEKNIGHT. CHICKEN. DINNER.
Eat good, and stay safe,
Slow Cooker Chicken Tostadas
- Slow cooker or pressure cooker
- 2 large chicken breast
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt and pepper
- 2 chopped chipotles in adobo sauce
- In a mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt/pepper, and chipotles together.
- Get your crockpot, put a liner if you like one, lay your chicken inside with 1 cup of water. Put the tomato mix on top. Cover tightly and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours or internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks. Put in tacos or on top of a tostada. Add cheddar cheese or feta (my favorite), cilantro, jalapeno's, etc. Enjoy.